Why vitamin C?
Vitamin C is essential for your body and offers a variety of complexion-related benefits when used topically. Within the last decade, this powerhouse antioxidant has become a go-to ingredient in the beauty industry, thanks to its countless anti-aging benefits. Whether you’re concerned about environmental factors that contribute to aging – such as pollution and UV damage – or want to counteract lifestyle choices like smoking, stress and dry-circulated air, this potent antioxidant can help heal and protect your skin. Find out how to use products that contain vitamin C to improve uneven skin tone, remove congestion from pores, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, and increase hydration – so you can enjoy healthy skin for years to come.
Effective protection for every age
Healthy skin begins with prevention – and it’s never too soon or too late to add revitalizing products into your beauty regimen. Vitamin C is an ingredient that can serve as a long-term companion in any anti-aging skincare routine. According to WebMD, studies conducted by a national health and nutrition survey concluded that vitamin C plays a key role in keeping the skin youthful, hydrated and wrinkle-free. But if you leave skin unprotected, the signs of aging can be seen as early as your mid-twenties. Whether you’re trying to diminish the appearance of existing fine lines or protect against future damage, here are some simple tips for adding vitamin C to your routine.
- Target premature aging. It’s never too early to implement a defensive skincare routine. Banish dark under eye circles and eliminate the appearance of fine lines with an intensive healing cream such as Borghese Cura-C Anhydrous Vitamin C Eye Treatment, which helps to protect against free radicals. With added Borage Seed Oil, this uniquely formulated product will leave the area around your eyes feeling silky smooth and hydrated, while improving elasticity and firmness. To preserve the integrity of your facial skin, begin with a highly concentrated serum such asPeter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C x 30 Vitamin C Brightening Serum, which helps to improve collagen production, increase brightness and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles. For maximum effectiveness, use it in combination with Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C Moisturizer, which is fast absorbing and deeply hydrating. This preventative trio will aid in the fight against free radicals, leaving your complexion luminous throughout this decade – and the ones that follow.
- Combat existing damage. It’s never too late to achieve a radiant glow. Whether you’re beginning to notice signs of aging or have visible damage from long-term exposure to the sun, you can easily improve conditions such as dull, discolored skin. With so many options available, finding the perfect antioxidant rich product for your mature complexion can be a snap. To attain visibly brighter skin reach for a concentrated product designed for daily use, such as Bioelements Advanced Vitamineral C Complex. Derived from cherries, this scientifically advanced treatment product helps to remove toxins, while clarifying and brightening your mature complexion.
A solution for all skin types
Whether your skin is sensitive and dry, oily or mature – there’s an anti-aging product with you in mind. Vitamin C is a versatile and effective ingredient and the right products can give your complexion an instant boost, creating results that will keep you motivated in your skincare routine. Here are some suggestions for choosing the formulas best suited to your skin’s unique concerns.
- Mature skin. Nourish your skin and meet your maturing complexion’s needs with a powerful antioxidant treatment that will revitalize and strengthen, such as Ren Clean Skincare Flash Rinse One Minute Facial. By replacing your daily cleanser with this one once weekly product, you’ll see a smoother and firmer complexion instantly. For everyday use, try Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum, which can be used to diminish and prevent dark spots and brighten tired skin around the eyes and lips.
- Dry or sensitive skin. For daily use, look to Juice Beauty Soothing Serum, which is ideal for diminishing redness and increasing clarity in users with sensitive skin. For twice weekly use reach for Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive, which gently exfoliates to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
- Oily skin. Try a pore minimizing face wash such as Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser, which utilizes clay to purify in combination with essential oils for balancing your complexion. Refresh tired skin with Murad Environmental Shield Essential C Toner, which will harmonize and hydrate your midday complexion. Reduce signs of old breakouts – such as scarring and uneven pigmentation – and prevent future breakouts with Juice Beauty Green Apple Blemish Clearing Peel.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are a great way to ensure that you’re nourishing your skin. But if you’re having a hard time committing to eating your greens, add a vitamin C supplement such as Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester to your beauty routine. You can safely take up to 1,000 mg per day to increase elasticity and collagen, while decreasing the signs of aging that have been brought on by environmental stressors.
It may seem complicated to fight the damage brought on by environmental stressors – but it doesn’t have to be. While aging is a natural part of life, it doesn’t need to be unpleasant. Take note of the simple tips and tricks included here and you can incorporate vitamin C into your daily routine with ease. By embracing the power of antioxidants, you can refresh and renew your dull complexion – and enjoy more graceful aging for years to come.